+61 2 612 50702
Room 3.02, CBE Bld (26C)
Corporate bankruptcy; Economic geography; Behavioral economics; Banking.
Nhan Le is a Lecturer of Finance. Her research interests include economic geography, behavioral finance, the banking sector and labor economics. Nhan’s work has been published in internationally renowned journals including Review of Finance. Her research has also been recognised through the receipt of a best paper award.
- Local Bankruptcy and Geographic Contagion in the Bank Loan Market (Jawad Addoum, Alok Kumar, Nhan Le and Alexandra Niessen-Ruenzi), Review of Finance 2020
- Does risk of shareholder litigation affect corporate information environments? (Nhan Le, Duc Duy Nguyen and Vathunyoo Sila), Accepted on Journal of Financial Markets. Finalist for the Corporate Finance best paper award sponsored by CSMAR, FMA Asia 2019.
Selected working papers:
- Local Information Environment and Accounting Fraud (Jens Hagendorff, Nhan Le, Duc Duy Nguyen), R&R on Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- Financial Development and Productivity Growth of Stagnant Industries (Nhan Le, Ha Nguyen and Emma Schultz) - Best paper award at VICIF conference in Vietnam, 2018
- Does Shareholder Litigation Risk Cause Public Firms to Delist? Evidence from Securities Class Action Lawsuits (with Jonathan Brogaard, Duc Duy (Louis) Nguyen and Vathunyoo Sila)
- The Sensitivity of Bank Performance to Local Housing Prices - Evidence from Diversified and Local Banks (with Christopher James, Duc Nguyen and Takeshi Yamada)
- Intra-industry Spillover Effects - Evidence from Bankruptcy Filings (Nhan Le and Phong Ngo)
- Proximity to Local Bank Branches, Financial Flexibility and Corporate Liquidity Management (with Phong Ngo)
- When more is less: The impact of Large Cash Holdings on the Recovery of Firms' Performance
Research grants and awards
Best paper award at VICIF conference in Vietnam, 2018
FINM7044 - Applied Valuation (ANU)
FINM8004 - Advanced Corporate Finance (ANU)