- Firms’ real/financial activities and economy-wide transformations
- Cross-country studies
Alexander Vadilyev is a Senior Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance. Alexander is a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst and a full member of the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association. He is a member of the American Finance Association, Western Finance Association, Financial Management Association, and Financial Research Network Australia. Alexander’s research interests are centered on the interactions between economy-wide transformations and firms’ real and financial activities. Alexander’s work has been published in internationally recognized outlets including the Journal of Banking and Finance, Critical Finance Review, and Economic Record.
- What Drives Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivity around the World? An Asset Tangibility Perspective, with Nanda Vikram, Moshirian Fariborz, and Zhang Bohui, Journal of Banking and Finance (2017), vol.77, pp.1–17. Lead article.
- Firms from Financially Developed Economies Do Not Save Less, Critical Finance Review (2020), vol.9, no.1-2, pp.305-351.
- Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Errata: https://jfqa.org/errata-and-other-materials/
- In Pursuit of the Perfect Portfolio: The Stories, Voices, and Key Insights of the Pioneers Who Shaped the Way We Invest, by Andrew W. Lo and Stephen R. Foerster, Economic Record (2022), vol. 98, issue 320, pp. 124-127.
Research grants and awards
- FIRN Australia Best Policy Paper Award, 2014
- Outstanding Paper Award, Korean Securities Association, 2013
Research engagement and outreach
- Member of the American Finance Association, European Finance Association, Western Finance Association, and Financial Research Network Australia.
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst, CAIA Association Member.
- ANU Bachelor of Finance Convenor, 2020, 2019
- ANU RSFAS Brown Bag Seminar Convenor, 2016, 2017, S1 2018.
- ANU RSFAS Summer Research Camp, Organising Committee, 2016.
- AACSB Business Accreditation Team, 2015.
Alexander A. Vadilyev was a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia. He earned his Ph.D. in Finance and Master of Finance from the University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia), Master of Finance from the New Economic School (Moscow, Russia), and Bachelor of International Economics with honors from the Far Eastern National University (Vladivostok, Russia).
- FINM8006 Advanced Investments (Graduate)
- FINM7008 Applied Investments (Graduate)
- FINM8100 Special Projects in Finance (Graduate)